GOSPEL MESSAGES - Bible Counsel - Feature Page 2
Return To Redemption Way Page
SIMPLE THOUGHTS ON SALVATION OF THE SOUL---
HOW CAN I KNOW
I AM SAVED?
"How many children say, I'd like to go to heaven;
Yet never think that they must have their sins forgiven,
Before they can in glory be,
Or Jesus Christ in glory see.
"None can to glory go, or dwell with God above,
Save they who Jesus know, and taste a Savior's love;
The holy words of truth declare
No other grounds of entrance there.
"But now this living way to all is open free;
And ruined sinners may go in and happy be---
May have their sins through Christ forgiven,
The only way to enter heaven."
- Echoes Of Grace Hymns
[The question is sometimes raised by professing
Christians as to how they can know they have believed in the right way, or otherwise believed to salvation and be assured of heaven. We might do well to examine the meaning of belief, for man believes many things, which often means just allowing that something is so because it sounds logical, or without questioning it. Believing in God begins by talking to Him, not just saying a prayer statement; and not challenging God to prove Himself to one by meeting our conditions. One needs a personal relationship in humility.]
1. Has one come to accept that he is a sinner before a holy God, and therefore cannot enter heaven? Believing in God, believing about Jesus Christ, baptism, and trying to keep the Ten Com-mandments will not put away sins.
2. Has there been a time when one has come before God alone in the secret of one's heart, and confessed that one is a sinner, and realizes the need to be saved for heaven? If that has not been done, then today one needs to repent (turn from self to God).
3. Has one acknowledged, as the Bible declares, that God sent His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, into this world to save man; and that He showed us God--the Father, and Himself as God's Son (see John 14); then after ordaining the twelve apostles, He delivered Himself into the hands of wicked men to be God's sacrifice for sin? He paid the price of redemption we could never pay, and offers it as a free gift apart from our works such as baptism, etc.. No man can work his way into heaven. Does one know He then arose from the grave and returned to heaven? Does one believe that?
Gospel means "good news", and the best of all good news is found in God's Word. Read John 3:16; John 14; 1 John 5:10-13. and hear God speaking to you.
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you,
that I have set before you life and death, blessing and
cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and
thy seed may live.
In heaven the record against you is made that Jesus died
your soul to save. Now you must choose twixt life and death, forever cursed or ever blessed. Choose life, I beg, choose life
and live, and show your child what God has given.
A CALENDAR VERSE
From Bible Truth Publishers
SALVATION IS NOT ABOUT TRYING TO BE GOOD,
BUT ABOUT BEING IN CHRIST
The Story Of Speckle
Speckle had been Jack's pet for two years. His uncle had given her to Jack as a little chicken. How proud he was when she laid her first egg!
One day Jack missed Speckle. He could not find her, and she did not come when he called. He looked and looked, but no Speckle. He was about to go home again when he heard the faintest noise. Peering carefully through the tall grass, he saw some speckled feathers! Stepping closer, he said in surprise, "Oh, Speckle! What a hunt I've had for you! She had made her nest in the tall grass where she would not be disturbed. In the nest were ten snowy white eggs. For three weeks she would have to sit there.
Near the end of the three weeks, Jack went to see if the eggs were hatching. He carefully lifted her off the nest to see what was happening underneath. He gave a squeal of delight! Already there was one fluffy yellow ball. And most of the other shells were pipped, too.
The next morning a neighbor, not knowing she was there, set fire to the grass. Poor little hen! She clucked wildly to her brood, but they were too small to run away. Should she run herself, and leave her babies to die? Not Speckle! She hid them under her wings, and none too soon. The fire passed over leaving her body black and burned, but not a chick was touched by the fire.
How that mother loved her children! Either Speckle or the chicks could be saved, but one or the other had to die.
Like the mother hen, someone had to give His life in order that you and I might be saved. The only Person who can save us is God's Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. If you ask Him to take away your sin and be your own Savior, you can live in heaven when you die, and you can be happy here in this world. He suffered in your place because He loved you so very much. -Bible Truth Publishers
"God commendeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).
4. Has there been a time when one has thanked the Lord Jesus for dying for one's sins, and declared to Him that he is now receiving Him for eternal life and hope? If not, is it now time? A soul who has trusted Jesus from childhood years, may not remember and thus be able to answer this question, but one can always come to the Lord and reaffirm this, for it is very important that one receives the Lord ---not just believes about Him or follows a religion.
5. Has there been a time when one has truly believed on God's Son? For then one will have "passed from death unto life" (John 5:24) by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. God says: "He that has the Son has (eternal) life, and he that has not the Son of God has not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the Name of the Son of God, that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the Name of the Son of God" (see 1 John 5:10-13). Will you settle this matter by doing your part? God says: "Behold, now is the accepted time" (2 Cor. 6:2).
Salvation is not in reading this, but acting on it. It really only takes a few minutes to accomplish the work of faith; and one must not come to God with conditions or challenge Him in any way ---but believe what He said. The evidence of salvation is in the question: "What think ye of Christ"? Can one truthfully say: I have received Him, am devoted to Him, have communion with Him, and want to live for Him always? The Holy Spirit will make His "abode" in that one and seal him as a child of God forever (John 14:16-23; John 3:36).
A faithful believer in the Lord Jesus Christ will walk with Him and talk with Him all day, until that day when one can see Him and be with Him forever in the Father's house. - RLD, 9/04; rev. 12/09